Filed under: Uncategorized
While stumbling around on the vast terrain that is the blogworld I came across a fantastic blog called From The Right Bank to the Left Coast. Alek’s posts always have something that I end up gushing over (and probably dragging to my desktop as well for decor ideas for the house-to-be) and she seems super cool too :].
Well. She is hosting a challenge called the “What’s Your Style In One Picture” challenge, that I thought would be a good “intro” for this blog of blogs that will be about designing our new little home. :] And probably a bit of fashion. And shiny things. With a side of rambling. What I’m trying to say here, people, is that you’ll sort of get an idea of my style. If I can even claim to have one. I don’t know the lingo, I just like what I like :] So without further ado…
Did I do that right? I think I did! First photo FTW! *does a happy dance* So. On to the explanation.
1. Teal walls with contrasting trim. I could handle a little deeper teal than these but they’re still fab. At least one room in our new house WILL have teal walls. I have a slight problematic obsession with teal, particularly paired with fuschia accents. Which brings us to…
2. Fuschia chairs. Not only are these gorgeous chairs fuschia, but they are…
3. Victorian-style carved furniture with painted frames and modern upholstery. The only way to make these even better is if they were fuschia velvet. Maybe they are! I don’t even know! We may never know but we can dreeeeam.
4. The black and white striped couch will have to be a stand-in for a zebra rug. And now. Ahem. *steps up on soapbox* I DO realize that the zebra rug trend is “SOOO OVERDONE AND LAST TUESDAY” but I still love it. Personally? I’ve never owned a zebra rug, and I’ve never known anyone else who has either! My point here people, is that in Macy-land zebra rugs are the most haute of all the hautes, especially when stratgically placed in the same room with…
5. A sheepskin rug. Of the large variety. This is not sheepskin but it will have to do.
6. Clear coffee table. I prefer lucite but glass is a close (and lets face it, cheaper) second.
7. Tufted anything, and interesting benches.
8. Mirrors – particularly mirrored furniture (not pictured)
9. Shiny silver tasteful knick knacks on beautifully staged shelves.
Add a healthy dose of a light like the beautiful sun shining in that window and I could roll around in this room for days with nothing to do but drool over its beauty.
Being that I could never contain my TOTAL style in a photo that is not taken of my own home decorated just how I’d like it, below are a few of the runners up :]
Thank you Alek for hosting such a fun challenge, I think it was an awesome way to kick-off my blog! :]
4 Comments so far
Leave a comment